Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bringing our dreams back to life.

This is a poem written by a 12 year old girl named Brooke Bronkowski

SINCE I HAVE MY LIFE BEFORE ME”
I’ll live my life to the fullest. I’ll be happy. I’ll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. I will be kind to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ. I will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. I will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.

You see, I’ll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I’ll have moments, good and bad, but I will wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that’s all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between, just living my life to the fullest. I’ll be one of those people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I’ll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.

I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!

(Brooke was in a car accident and her life was taken away from her at 14 years old. )

This story really spoke to me, for the reason being that children have huge dreams for the future. But sadly the world ( and devil) has a way of tearing down our big dreams and discouraging us from pursuing our BIG MOVEMENTS. The beautiful soul that wrote this poem is a reminder to us that we should continue to dream and expect big things, and that the Lord is our only real audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment