Wednesday, April 18, 2012

No Better Than You.

I know I speak of strength but that doesn’t mean I have mastered it.
I know that my tears are rare but it doesn’t mean they never appear.
I know I'm all about independence but it doesn’t mean I don't need anybody there.
I know I’m all about having real friends, but I am no judge to label a heart as a gem.
I know I speak of my dreams as if it's the essence of me, but frankly it down right is.
I know I preach on being true, and being entirely you, but that doesn’t make it easy.
One thing I do know is,
I strive to be real, I strive to be different, and I strive to be strong.
But just because I’m striving, doesn’t mean I’m always landing.
I am only as strong as the hardships I have overcome.
And that’s why I can stand proud of where I am from.
This is me and everything I ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment